Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Microstrategy Inc (MSTR): MSTR stock is up 5.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 5.0% today.
- Epam Systems Inc (EPAM): EPAM stock is up 4.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is up 4.5% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): MXIM stock is up 4.1% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cornerstone Ondemand Inc (CSOD): CSOD stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Sapient Corp (SAPE): SAPE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Loral Space and Communications (LORL): LORL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Waters Corp (WAT): WAT stock is down 0.9% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Western Digital Corp (WDC): WDC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mettler-Toledo International (MTD): MTD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.5% today.
- SAP Ag (SAP): SAP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.