Transportation stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 0.2% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.4% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.5% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.6% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 1.0% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 0.9% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.