Transportation stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $55.01.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.6% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 2.3% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.3% to a new 52-week low of $18.12.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.