Transportation stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 2.0% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.9% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $99.84.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 0.4% to a new 52-week high of $25.38.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $196.56.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.6% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.3% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.