Utilities stocks declined 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $59.70.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $30.05.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $19.65.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $56.19.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 4.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 3.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.7% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.