Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 3.7% today and up 26.8% in the last month.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $52.33.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $47.36.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.7% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $20.34.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.2% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $47.47.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 3.0% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.6% to a new 52-week low of $61.00.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 1.1% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.8%, marking the 11th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.