Utilities stocks rose 1.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 8.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.2%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 2.2% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $79.29.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.9% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.5% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.4%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.