So what’s on tap this week?
First Solar earnings: Solar stocks had a great run in 2013, and First Solar (FSLR) stock roughly doubled across the calendar year as a result. However, that run was thanks to oversupply issues turning into undersupply issues, which boosted profitability in the space. Now that those issues have been largely resolved, it’s unlikely we will get a massive pop … but I expect First Solar earnings, which will be reported Tuesday after the bell, to still be pretty decent.
Tesla earnings: It has been hard to bet against Tesla Motors (TSLA), but I expect the stock to post what is likely to be its first ho-hum performance after earnings this week. The shorts have mostly been shaken out, and while there has been a little softness in shares there hasn’t been volatility as buyers jump in or, conversely, take big profits off the table. I think Tesla stock will drift higher, but nothing remarkable will happen — which in itself might be remarkable given recent jumps in TSLA around earnings. Tesla reports Wednesday after the bell.
Those are the big ones I’m watching. But other earnings this week of note include:
Earnings This Week
- Earnings today after the close: American International Group (AIG), Sturm, Ruger (RGR)
- Earnings Tuesday before the open: Nu Skin Enterprise (NS), DirecTV (DTV)
- Earnings Tuesday after the close: Groupon (GRPN), Disney (DIS), Whole Foods (WFM)
- Earnings Wednesday before the open: AOL (AOL)
- Earnings Wednesday after the close: Green Mountain Coffee (GMCR), Zillow (Z)
- Earnings Thursday before the bell: Priceline.com (PCLN)
- Earnings Thursday after the close: Nvidia (NVDA)
- Earnings Friday before the bell: Stratasys (SSYS)
Jeff Reeves is the editor of InvestorPlace.com and the author of The Frugal Investor’s Guide to Finding Great Stocks. As of this writing, he did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities. Write him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter via @JeffReevesIP.