Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.5% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 3.3% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.