Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.5% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.0% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 5.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.