Capital goods stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is down 1.2% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.6% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.