Capital goods stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $72.91.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 0.5% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 0.4% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 0.3% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 1.3% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 1.4% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.