Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Westport Innovations Inc (WPRT): WPRT stock is up 8.4% today.
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $44.08.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is up 0.8% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is up 0.7% today.
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII): GIII stock is up 0.7% today.
- Stanley Black & Decker Inc (SWK): SWK stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Delphi Automotive Plc (DLPH): DLPH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ralph Lauren Corp (RL): RL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Snap-On Inc (SNA): SNA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is down 0.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.