Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $93.90.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $97.30.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $77.25.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.8% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 0.6% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.