Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 0.9% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $55.56.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is up 0.7% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 1.6% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is down 0.2% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.