Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $63.40.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $60.84.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $94.90.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 7.0% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 2.6% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 2.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 0.8% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.