Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $41.56.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.2% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.