Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 3.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 2.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is up 2.1% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $68.59.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.