Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 5.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 5.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.3% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 2.1% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.