Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 3.7% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.0% to $13.56, near the 52-week high of $13.54.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $10.64.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 6.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.8% to a new 52-week low of $38.35.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.