Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $7.61.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources (GGN): GGN stock is up 1.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.5% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is up 1.5% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.4% to $212.85, near the 52-week high of $214.49.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.3%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.6% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 1.5% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Scbt Financial Corp (SCBT): SCBT stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.