Financial stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 0.5% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 0.3% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 8.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 5.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 4.5% to a new 52-week low of $34.84.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 4.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 3.3% today.
- American Capital Mortgage Inves (MTGE): MTGE stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- UBS Ag (UBS): UBS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 2.0% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.5% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.