Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 7.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 0.2% today and up 27.4% in the last month.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 2.9% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 3.0% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 2.4% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.