Healthcare stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 4.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 3.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 3.0% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 2.3% to $24.80, near the 52-week high of $24.82.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is down 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.