Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 7.6% to a new 52-week high of $127.26.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $90.59.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is up 1.4% today and up 361.5% in the last month.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.5% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is down 3.6% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.