Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is up 5.1% to a new 52-week high of $49.69.
- Starz Series B Liberty Capital (STRZB): STRZB stock is up 3.8% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is up 3.1%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orix Corp Ads (IX): IX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pearson Plc (PSO): PSO stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 9.3% to a new 52-week low of $16.56.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 3.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is down 1.1% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.7% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is down 1.7% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.