Technology stocks finished down 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is up 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 2.3% today and up 61.0% in the last month.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX): MDRX stock is up 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 1.6% today.
- PMC (PMCS): PMCS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Solarwinds Inc (SWI): SWI stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mantech International Corp (MANT): MANT stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.