Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 5.3% today.
- Osi Systems (OSIS): OSIS stock is up 4.9% today.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is up 4.8% today.
- Measurement Specialties (MEAS): MEAS stock is up 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Proto Labs Inc (PRLB): PRLB stock is up 4.1% today.
- Insight Enterprises (NSIT): NSIT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 3.9% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Hexcel Corp (HXL): HXL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Intersil Corp (ISIL): ISIL stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- AOL Inc (AOL): AOL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Xerox Corp (XRX): XRX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cerner Corp (CERN): CERN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amdocs Limited (DOX): DOX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA): EA stock is down 0.5% today and down 24.0% in the last month.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.