Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $10.37.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $179.55.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.4% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.