Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 1.3% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.0% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 0.9% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 1.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 2.8% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 0.8% today and down 24.3% in the last month.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.