Transportation stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.8% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 0.5% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc (NM): NM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.1% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.