Transportation stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $62.37.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc (NM): NM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 1.5%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $117.14.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 0.8% today and up 29.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.0% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 0.3% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.