Transportation stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.6% to $10.63, near the 52-week high of $10.61.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.1% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 0.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.6% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.