Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 7.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 1.7% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.4% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.2%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.