Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street on Monday, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.4% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 0.3% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.