Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $75.25.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.7% to a new 52-week high of $34.01.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $37.37.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.9% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.5% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.