Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.2% today and up 30.8% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.2% to a new 52-week high of $36.40.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 3.5% today and up 28.5% in the last month.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.4% today and up 36.2% in the last month.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 3.0% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 4.4% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 4.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.6% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 2.8% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.