Basic materials stocks remained flat on Friday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 4.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 3.7% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 2.9% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.7% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $58.93.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.