Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.4% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.2% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $11.10.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $89.12.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 4.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.0% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.