Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Friday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.2% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.