Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.7% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.9% to a new 52-week low of $14.23.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.0% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.