Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is up 1.1% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is up 0.4% to a new 52-week high of $34.87.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is down 5.2% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is down 1.6% today and down 35.1% in the last month.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.