Capital goods stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 4.4% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Texas Industries (TXI): TXI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.6% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 1.8% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 1.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 0.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is down 0.2% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is down 0.1% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.