Consumer cyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 2.4% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $26.82.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $65.84.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.