Consumer noncyclical stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 0.6% to a new 52-week high of $62.55.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 0.5% to a new 52-week high of $95.17.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 0.5% to a new 52-week high of $49.76.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 0.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 0.3% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 0.3% to $122.99, near the 52-week high of $122.83.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 3.2% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 2.0% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.