Energy stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 5.5% to a new 52-week high of $13.67.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 4.2% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 4.1% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 7.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 5.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 5.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 6.2% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 4.2% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 4.5% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 3.7% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.