Energy stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Triangle Petroleum Corp (TPLM): TPLM stock is up 5.4% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 4.4% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 3.8% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 3.7% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 3.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 3.4% today and up 21.7% in the last month.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES): PES stock is up 3.3% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 1.1% today and down 40.2% in the last month.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.