Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.0% to $92.11, near the 52-week high of $91.99.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $82.46.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gamco Global Gold Natural Resources (GGN): GGN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.0%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is down 0.7% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 0.7% to a new 52-week low of $8.31.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is down 0.7% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.