Financial stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.5% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $42.13.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $50.18.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.