Financial stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is up 3.3% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 2.6% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.